As a Linux user, LINUX: The Complete Reference is an indispensable resource that you'll want to have
at your side at all times. It is the most comprehensive guide to the Linux operating system available.
It includes all the information you will need to install, configure and maintain a system running Linux.
This book includes the following documentation:
- Linux Installation & Getting Started Guide by Matt Welsh
- Information on all distributions
- Linux User's Guide by Larry Greenfield
- Linux Hardware Compatibility
- Networking with Linux How-To's
- Using Linux with special input devices
- Linux and Palm computing
- Using RPM and other package managers
- Doing backups and restores
- DOS and Windows to Linux How-To's
- DOS emulation (dosemu)
- Bash Shell Prompt How-To
- Shared OS booting How-To's
- XFree86 configuration How-To's
- International Language How-To's
These expert guides answer common questions encountered when using and configuring Linux. From the beginning Linux user to the experienced system administrator, this book provides ample examples and useful tricks of the trade.
This book covers all the beginning to intermediate aspects of Linux including installation, XFree86, connecting to the Internet using any ISP, using printers, serial ports, sound cards, configuring PPP, writing CD-Rs, using optical discs, using non-standard keyboards or mice, a tutorial on using the powerful GNU Emacs editor, and much more. There is information on running Linux on a laptop, including PCMCIA devices, and battery management. Learn how to partition your disk, and run multiple operating systems. There is even informa-tion about commericial software packages and other Linux books.
This valuable resource will help you get the most out of the Linux operating system and solve almost any problem that you might possibly encounter.
- The most comprehensive documentation available on Linux!
- The easist and most complete installation instructions anywhere!
- Learn about desktop configuration, multimedia capabilities, and much more!
Get expert tips on:
- Hardware Compatibility
- Portable Computer Installation
- PPP Connectivity
- Serial Ports and Devices
- X11 and Xfree86
- Dos Emulation
- Tape Backups
- Multiple Language Support
- Sound and Multimedia